Grit Classifier and Twin Classifier
The SA Grit Classifier and DA Twin Grit Classifier are grit conveying, washing, and dewatering units. The settling tanks of the SA and DA Grit Classifier are carefully designed to effectively separate grit from wastewater or grit slurry. The unit’s design creates an even laminar flow, which enables the solid material to settle. As grit settles, a shaftless screw carries the grit from the bottom of the hopper to the discharge, further washing and dewatering the grit. Decanted water flows over a weir and is returned to the waste stream; the dewatered grit is discharged into a container for disposal. The DA Twin Grit Classifier adds another level of removal for floating particulates.
Features and Benefits
- Robust and compact design.
- Fully enclosed.
- Simple installation.
- 304 or 316 Stainless Steel Construction.
- Low maintenance shaftless screw conveyor for discharge of dewatered material.
- Large settling tank.
- Possible to separate both grit and floating particles.
- Maximizes dewatering.
- Minimal maintenance.
- Reduced energy consumption.