VLV Air/Water Heat Exchanger Page
The VLV Air/Water Heat Exchanger was developed to extend the service life of the membranes used in aeration tanks. Among other various applications, the unit also recovers heat from the blower-produced air stream that is used for the heating of ventilation air or tap water.
Compressed air flows into the heat exchanger axially via the inlet pipe. After being pressed against a wall at the far end of the heat exchanger, the air flows freely between a number of layers of surface-maximizing copper loops in which the cooling agent circulates. The air is directed past the wall of the heat exchanger and then onwards to the outlet.
The flanged axial inlet and outlet makes installation easier in both new and existing plants. Additionally, the flanged casing facilitates easier inspection and maintenance. As standard, VLV units are manufactured in 304 stainless steel with copper cooling tubes.
Features and Benefits
- Effective temperature reduction of air passing through aeration membranes.
- Free air flow around the surface-maximizing copper loops.
- Axial mounting.
- Concentrically arranged cooling system.
- Flanged casing and front end.
- Robust and compact design.
- Extends service life of membranes, thereby reducing maintenance costs.
- Reduces pressure loss and eliminates sensitivity to clogging on the air side.
- Unit has a small footprint and is easy to install.
- Simple and straight forward maintenance.
- Design utilizes corrosion resistant stainless steel.